Saturday, December 22, 2012

Review of Panasonic LX7 - Part 3

I thought it might be interesting to see how well a compact camera can shoot in a studio set up. The following shots were taken in Aperture Priority mode with spot metering.

For the shots, I had a continuous light source from one direction and a black backdrop. The photos were shot handheld. All images shown are straight out of the camera.

Verdict: Images are sharp, backdrop is successfully darkened, tonality is good. The white balance is not consistent, however. But that can be easily corrected. Perhaps I should attempt Manual mode or Portait Mode next time. I guess the question is, would I ditch my DLSR and start doing studio shots with this camera? It is too soon to tell, but the prognosis is good.


50mm
1/250s
f3.2
ISO 100
















50mm
1/320s
f1.9
ISO 80








50mm
1/160s
f1.9
ISO 80


No comments: