Friday, April 8, 2011

Photographing trees

Trees can be an intriguing subject to photograph. I have walked in the park many times with a camera. I have made many attempts to photograph trees before, but somehow the images always turn out to be uninteresting.

Last weekend, however, I think I finally got a hang of it. I went to the National Rhododendron Gardens with my wife. The heavy overcast sky seemed just right for photographing the trees. A hint of wintering foliage added some interesting colour. I used the Kelvin setting to get the correct white balance, as the auto white balance mode seemed to have difficulty getting the green right.

The next time you talk a walk in the park, bring your camera and challenge yourself to see if you can bring home some interesting shots. It is a great exercise (speaking about photograhy, of course)

No comments: