Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Australian Photographic Society

After mulling over it for several weeks, I decided to go ahead and sign up as a member of the APS. This is actually a wonderful opportunity for people who are otherwise not able to join a regular camera club. As a member, I also registered to be placed in a couple of the folios (Landscape and Portrait). This enables me to share my images with other people as well as comment on each other's work. This is similar to what we do at the Knox camera club, minus the outings and workshops.

My main reason for joining the APS is to expose myself to regular competitions and to collect points that will lead to awards, starting with the LAPS (Licentiate of the APS). Big deal, you might say, but this is the institutionalized way to gauge my own competence level and to learn from the experts along the way. There will be comments, critiques, and disappointments, but that is the name of the game.

No comments: