Friday, January 7, 2011

Day trip to South Gippsland

It started with an article in the Arts and Antique quarterly publication that I happened to read. The article talked about the Mayfield Art Gallery in Arawata, which is about an hour's drive from my house. Lured by the promise of a scenic drive, I decided to take a drive there with my family and some friends this Monday. Blessed with a cool and cloudy day, the outing turned out to be far more interesting that I anticipated.

We made three major stops. The first picture was taken at the Caldermeade Farm, on the way to Arawata. The second and third pictures were at Arawata Mayfield Art Gallery, set among the verdant rolling hills. The fourth picture shows the Coal Creek Heritage Village. It just shows that there are lots of beautiful places in Victoria that are out of the beaten path.



No comments: