Monday, August 23, 2010

Sold (out) on solar

On 21/Jun/2010 I wrote a blog called "Sold on solar". I would like to update the information there with this sequel: sold out on solar.

Aussies have really been sold out by the solar generating scheme. By "sold out", I don't mean the solar panels are out of stock. I mean there something fishy going on. AFTER installing the solar panels, I received a letter from the electricity supplier to say that I will now be charged a new tariff that is tailored to homes with solar panels. This tariff goes by a different rate for different times of the day and it is significantly higher than my existing one. I believe the rates are set in such a way so that what is generated and sold back to the company is quickly negated by the extra tariff. What a sham! The government subsidizes the solar panels by thousands of dollars, and Labor-iously (pun intended) promotes the carbon trading scheme, only to have the electricity suppliers steal all the benefits from the consumers. Labor Party deserves to lose the election this year!

No comments: