Tuesday, October 27, 2009

How to recover files from a formatted card

I used to think that when I format a flash memory card in my camera, the files are deleted forever. A friend of mine did just that and started asking around for a way to recover the files. Another friend did a quick google and easily found a number of applications that will do just that. I went a step further; I wanted a freebie. I found one called ZAR, downloaded and tested it out. It works and it is very easy to use, and it is free for recovering picture files. For other type of data recovery you will have to purchase the software and it costs US$40. I don't think I will have much use for this application as it is not often that one accidentally formats a flash card. However, it is good to know that there is a solution. If you are interested, here is the link for ZAR: http://www.z-a-recovery.com/

2 comments:

database repair tool said...

As we become increasingly reliant on using database systems to store and manipulate vital information, the cost of losing that information becomes a profoundly nontrivial matter.

file repair said...

Always look for software that is also effective in daily non-emergency data management, such as finding and extracting information from offline databases and email storage.